Adults between 20 and 64 have an average of 25.5 remaining teeth!
Despite so many individuals losing one or a few teeth, have you wondered what keeps their smile perfect?
The answer is ‘implant dentistry’! Implants are an excellent solution for replacing your lost, chipped, or broken tooth with a natural-looking artificial replacement. These oral appliances are the perfect solution for adults to get the ideal smile.
However, despite the effectiveness of implant dentistry in Summerville, SC, and its amazing benefits, there are some misconceptions about the procedure.
This blog is here to simplify implant dentistry with a comprehensive view of different topics such as:
- Dental Implants – Your Chance to Better Smile
- Different Types of Dental Implants
- How Do Oral Fixtures Work? Behind the Scenes of the Treatment
- Why Should You Consider Getting Oral Implants?
Studies show that an estimated 178 million American citizens are missing at least one tooth, and over 40 million individuals are missing all their teeth.
But does it mean they need to stay with a missing tooth or teeth throughout their lives? The answer is no! Thanks to implantology dentistry, there’s a way to regain lost teeth,
Dental fixtures are the perfect solution for people with a missing tooth or multiple teeth. Should you consider getting implants? Let’s find out!
Dental Implants – Your Chance to Better Smile
Dental implants are one of the most effective ways to replace missing teeth. These artificial teeth roots function as a base for the teeth replacement or dental bridge. Usually, these fixtures are made of titanium, making it easier for the base to fuse with the jawbone.
You must undergo multiple oral procedures before getting oral appliances. After completing all surgical procedures, Summerville, SC, dentists will attach an abutment to the implant post. Lastly, the dentist will attach a custom-made bridge or crown to the abutment.
Different Types of Dental Implants
You can get different types of implants based on your unique oral conditions. Based on your condition, your dentist will suggest you any of these appliances:
Endosteal implants are one of the most common fixtures, meaning placing a titanium post right into the jawbone. This helps create a robust foundation for replacing a tooth or multiple teeth.
These appliances are designed to be placed underneath the gum line on the jawbone. They are best suited for patients with severe jaw bone loss, rendering the bone unable to support the implant.
These tooth implants are another great option for people with severe bone loss on the upper part of the jaw. Zygomatic appliances are anchored onto the cheekbones, eliminating the reliance on weaker natural bone tissue.
These are smaller versions of endosteal implants and are generally used as a temporary solution until the permanent restoration. Besides that, you can also use mini fixtures in cases where there isn’t enough space to place a regular implant.
How Do Oral Fixtures Work? Behind the Scenes of the Treatment
Before you understand how implants work, you must familiarize yourself with the anatomy of these appliances. These appliances are generally categorized into three primary components:
- Titanium Post: The titanium post is designed to work as the tooth root and is surgically implanted into the jawbone.
- Abutment: The abutment is the part of the implant that links the post to the crown. It is responsible for keeping your appliances visible.
- Crown: The crown or the final equipment of the implant is custom-made to ensure it fits in your mouth effectively.
Dental Implants Treatment in Detail
Once the titanium post is placed into the jawbone, it triggers osseointegration, where the bone will grow around the titanium post. This helps create a robust for the implant and ensures its functions effectively replicate a natural tooth’s function.
It will take about three to six months for the wound to heal properly, following which the dentist implant will take the impression of your mouth and create a customized crown. This crown will fit effectively into the jawbone and ensure it functions optimally.
After completing all these procedures, the implant is a secure replacement for a natural tooth. This implant can last many years without complications as long as you can ensure effective care.
Why Should You Consider Getting Oral Implants?
Over 3 million people in the US use dental implants! This is enough justification to get fixtures. However, if you still need to figure it out, here are some reasons to get these appliances.
- Better Appearance: The best thing about fixtures is they look and feel like natural teeth thanks to their ability to fuse with the jawbone.
- Unmatched Comfort: When you get an implant, you will hardly feel like there is anything unusual, ensuring you experience little to no discomfort.
- Seamless Eating Experience: Eating your favorite food items with dental fixtures takes work. Thankfully, this is not the case with fixtures since they function like natural teeth, enabling you to chew food without complications.
- Better Oral Health: Unlike most other oral appliances, the dentist need not alter the shape and size of adjoining teeth to install implantation teeth. This ensures your natural teeth remain intact, which helps enhance your oral health in the long term.
- Better Speech: Most dental fixtures fail to fit your mouth appropriately, making speaking challenging. But this is not the case with appliances since they function like natural teeth, enabling you to speak easily.
- Enhanced Durability: One of the best things about using dental implants and dental equipment to replicate a natural tooth is their unmatched durability. These fixtures can last many years if you properly care for them.
- Dental fixtures are among the most effective tooth replacement options. These artificial fixtures function as a base for teeth replacement or dental bridges.
- Some of the best-known fixtures are Endosteal, subperiosteal, zygomatic, and mini dental fixtures.
- Oral fixtures give you the independence to eat and chew like natural teeth.
- Better aesthetics, comfort, chewing abilities, durability, and talking abilities are some of the most important reasons to consider getting dental surgery or an implant.
- Restore your smile to perfection with our health experts at Cane Bay Family Dentistry today!