Cosmetic Dentistry in Summerville, SC, is a dentistry branch that helps address oral imperfections to give you the perfect smile and restore your teeth and mouth’s functionality. Different cosmetic oral procedures have helped many get the ideal smile and boost their self-confidence.
Despite the popularity of cosmetic dentistry, there is still much confusion about these procedures.
This is where this blog comes into the picture to break things down for you with a deeper insight into cosmetic dentistry topics such as:
- What Are Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures?
- Different Cosmetic Procedures You Need To Know About
- What Is The Cost Of Aesthetic Procedures?
- How To Find The Right Cosmetic Dentist?
Continue reading as we learn more about these professionals in the following sections.
Studies suggest that over 99.7% of people consider a smile an important social asset, and up to 96% of adults find people with an attractive smile more appealing. These figures highlight the importance of an appealing smile for everyone.
But what about people who don’t have the perfect smile? Does this mean this will hold them back in life? Well, the answer is No!
This is where cosmetic dentistry in Summerville, SC comes into the picture to help everyone get the perfect smile. But how? Let’s find out!
What Are Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures?
Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on enhancing the aesthetics of one’s smile. This dentistry branch has come a long way, and now we have numerous procedures aimed to enhance specific elements of the patient’s smile.
The growing popularity of aesthetic dentistry has helped make these treatments more accessible and affordable. Most of these procedures are elective unless you have some oral condition resulting from an untoward incident. Expert Dental Summerville, SC, will evaluate your oral health and suggest the appropriate treatment.
What Makes Cosmetic Dentistry So Popular?
Many factors fuel the popularity of aesthetic options, as these procedures enhance a person’s self-esteem. But two of the most important factors driving this widespread popularity include:
- Improved Aesthetics: The most apparent factor making aesthetic options so popular is enhanced aesthetics. These procedures can help bring the best out of your smile and give you the ideal aesthetics for greater confidence.
- Better Functionality: Apart from aesthetics, enhanced functionality is another factor fueling the popularity of cosmetic dental procedures. These procedures can help address functional dental issues like speech difficulties or misaligned bites.
Different Cosmetic Procedures You Need To Know About
Aesthetic dentistry has evolved to become more effective over the years. As a result, many different aesthetic options can help you get favorable results based on your needs. Some of the best-known of these procedures include:
Veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures that help hide dental abnormalities. These thin porcelain shells are attached to the front of your teeth to give you an impeccable smile and appeal. You might require at least two dental visits to get porcelain veneers, where the first will deal with measurements while the second bonds the veneer onto the teeth.
Clear Aligners or Invisalign:
Invisalign and clear aligners are becoming great alternatives to conventional braces. These clear plastic aligners are the ideal fix for crooked or misaligned teeth to ensure seamless realignment without hampering the aesthetics of your smile. The best thing about Invisalign is you can easily remove them while eating or cleaning, making them a convenient option for many.
Teeth whitening is no longer a luxury for celebrities alone, with aesthetic treatment becoming widely accessible over the past years. Your cosmetic dentist will use a solution with peroxide-based compounds to enhance your teeth’s whiteness and brightness. While the treatment has some potential side effects, such as sensitivity, these side effects don’t last very long.
Dental bonding is the ideal cosmetic oral treatment if you are someone with a minute oral deformity such as a chipped tooth or teeth discoloration. Dentists will apply a tooth-colored resin and harden it with a specialized light to hide any damage and give you a flawless smile.
Smile makeovers are ideal for anyone looking to transform their smile. Unlike most dental procedures, smile makeovers take a comprehensive approach with multiple procedures to address different concerns. This helps address all imperfections and gives you the perfect smile for enhanced self-esteem.
As one of the most popular procedures, dental implants are the ideal solution for replacing a missing tooth or multiple teeth. The esthetic dentist will attach a titanium post to your jawbone and leave it to fuse through a process called osseointegration. Then, they fix a crown on the post, replicating the function of your natural teeth and giving you an ideal smile with enhanced oral functionality.
What Is The Cost Of Aesthetic Procedures?
There are no specific costs for aesthetic treatments, as these costs can vary based on different factors. Two of the most important of these variable factors influencing the price of your aesthetic treatments include:
- Procedure’s Needs: The need for the procedure is one of the most important variable cost factors. The cost will depend on the type of material used and the overall expertise and competence of the dentist in question.
- Insurance Cover: The next variable factor here is your insurance cover. For instance, some insurance plans might cover the cost of the entire treatment, while others might cover it partially.
You must discuss these variable factors with your dentist cosmetics to better understand the cost of your aesthetic treatment and make an informed choice.
How To Find The Right Cosmetic Dentist?
Times have changed a lot, and there is no shortage of cosmetic dentists in today’s age. However, these many choices also make finding the ideal dentist that caters to your needs overwhelming and challenging. Considering the following factors can help make things more manageable.
- Evaluate Credentials: The first thing you need to do is evaluate the credentials of your cosmetology dentist. You must ensure they have the necessary qualifications and the latest technologies to give you proper treatment.
- First Consultation: The first consultation is an excellent opportunity to evaluate your dentist’s expertise and address all your queries. This will help you determine the best aesthetic procedure and weigh the pros and cons to make an informed choice.
- According to studies, 99.7% of individuals regard a grin as a significant social asset.
- Cosmetic dentistry is a field of dentistry that focuses on improving the appearance of a person’s grin. It is becoming increasingly popular because of its improved appearance and functionality.
- Insurance coverage and procedural requirements impact the cost of aesthetic treatment options.
- Don’t hide your smile anymore! Visit our professionals at Summerville Dental Care to get the ideal grin.